I’d like to try and keep doing this post every Friday, as it keeps me accountable. Sometimes, I just want to chuck it all to the wind and blow every dime we have…so these posts help me regain control. If I’m going to have to tell you all if I did absolutely NOTHING frugal all week, that would be a sad, short post indeed. Therefore, purely for your reading enjoyment, I MUST continue to do frugal things. *grin*
1. Earned 10.00 using Swagbucks. My goal for the year is to earn 300.00 before December, so that I can have Christmas money for the kids. I’m at 256.72. I would have probably met my goal already, but a few times during the year I have purchased the occasional item on Amazon using my credit..therefore bringing my total down just a bit.
2. Used 475 Bing points to purchase 500 Swagbucks, then in turn used 475 Swagbucks to earn another 5.00 Amazon card. Haha..confusing, I know. But hey, it all makes sense in my head!!
3. Received a rebate for 5.18 from buying hamburger at Walmart. I had totally forgotten that I had even sent this rebate off, so this was a good surprise.
4. Turned the air off and opened the windows a few times when the weather was nice.
5. Stayed home two days in a row (except for running to the school in the morning). This saves gas, plus helps me NOT to spend money while out in town.
6. Eden got a cabbage plant in the Spring from her third grade teacher. I planted it in my little raised bed. We finally harvested it and I used half of it to make coleslaw one night.
7. Cashed in for a 5.00 Walmart E-gift card from Jingit. This is another one of those Apps for your Iphone that gives you little rebates for buying certain items.
What did YOU do to be frugal this week??