Here’s what I did this week:
1. Earned another 475 Bing points and transferred them to Swagbucks to get a $5 Amazon card. My new Amazon total is 276.72. Sure hope I can reach my 300.00 goal before it’s time to start Christmas shopping.
2. A friend of mine called and asked me if I wanted some green beans from her garden. I haven’t canned green beans yet this year, so of course I said yes. She helped me to pick a bushel of beans, and she also gave me a pumpkin, an apple gourd, and two Indian corns for my Fall decorating. I canned 12 quarts and froze 4 quarts of green beans. I’m really excited about that…especially since I got them for free.
3. Turned the AC off and opened the windows. It’s been very “fall-ish”, and I’m totally loving it!
4. Occasionally, we will use our Amazon Visa to make a purchase and then pay it off the next month. We do this to earn Amazon points…especially if we were going to purchase the item anyway. We had money saved up to buy a new kitchen stove. I went through Ebates, purchased the stove through Sears, used a coupon code to get an extra $50 off, and put the total on my Amazon Visa to earn points. I then used those points to purchase a present from Amazon for my son’s birthday next month. Lots of ways to save here and there, when you shop like this.
5. Earned a little money back from grocery purchases using the Checkout51, Ibotta, Jingit, and SavingsCatcher Apps this week.
6. Watched a few free shows on http://www.watch-tvseries.net/ and on Hulu…and a movie on Megashare.to . We rarely pay to rent/watch anything anymore. We still have Amazon Prime and can view some shows on there, but usually the kids are the main users of that aspect. I use it more for free shipping on my Amazon orders, now. (For you Downton Abbey fans~ season 5, episode 1 is already on watch-tvseries.net. Sa-weet!)