We’ve had three family birthday parties this week, so it’s not been a frugal week overall. In fact, I’d say it’s been the total opposite of frugal. I did get a few things in, though:
I won a blog give-a-way this week for $50.oo worth of Cottonelle products. Yes!
Received 2 $5.00 Amazon cards from Swagbucks. New Amazon total is 286.13. I’m SO close!
That’s about the extent of my frugality besides all the usual, everyday stuff. What did y’all do to save a little money this week?
So, I haven’t heard from many readers yet about the frugal things they are doing..but, I’ll just keep writing and maybe one day someone will read it and be inspired. This week I:
Earned 5.00 from Ibotta- transferred directly to my Paypal account.
Bought some second hand clothes for my daughter from a friend. I get about 95% of her clothes second hand. I’m so thankful to have friends that think of me when their daughters outgrow clothes. It is such a blessing.
Used a free pizza coupon sent to me from Papa John’s to get a pizza on Sunday evening. They didn’t even charge me any tax. We just waltzed into the store and came out with our pizza. We had it for a late night snack and then I put two pieces up for our lunch.
Won a $10 gift card to Target from an online instant sweepstakes game. This has become one of my new “hobbies”. I have earned $45.oo of free stuff in the past month.
Downloaded an ebook to read from the Regional eBook & Audio Download system. I’m loving this website. You just enter your library card number and you can check out books or put them on hold. I have several new releases on hold so that I can be one of the first to read them when they are available.
Earned another 475 points from Bing, which I transferred to 500 swagbucks, and then used those to get another 5.00 Amazon card. I’m getting closer to my goal. Yay.
What did you guys do this week??
Here’s what I did this week:
1. Earned another 475 Bing points and transferred them to Swagbucks to get a $5 Amazon card. My new Amazon total is 276.72. Sure hope I can reach my 300.00 goal before it’s time to start Christmas shopping.
2. A friend of mine called and asked me if I wanted some green beans from her garden. I haven’t canned green beans yet this year, so of course I said yes. She helped me to pick a bushel of beans, and she also gave me a pumpkin, an apple gourd, and two Indian corns for my Fall decorating. I canned 12 quarts and froze 4 quarts of green beans. I’m really excited about that…especially since I got them for free.
3. Turned the AC off and opened the windows. It’s been very “fall-ish”, and I’m totally loving it!
4. Occasionally, we will use our Amazon Visa to make a purchase and then pay it off the next month. We do this to earn Amazon points…especially if we were going to purchase the item anyway. We had money saved up to buy a new kitchen stove. I went through Ebates, purchased the stove through Sears, used a coupon code to get an extra $50 off, and put the total on my Amazon Visa to earn points. I then used those points to purchase a present from Amazon for my son’s birthday next month. Lots of ways to save here and there, when you shop like this.
5. Earned a little money back from grocery purchases using the Checkout51, Ibotta, Jingit, and SavingsCatcher Apps this week.
6. Watched a few free shows on http://www.watch-tvseries.net/ and on Hulu…and a movie on Megashare.to . We rarely pay to rent/watch anything anymore. We still have Amazon Prime and can view some shows on there, but usually the kids are the main users of that aspect. I use it more for free shipping on my Amazon orders, now. (For you Downton Abbey fans~ season 5, episode 1 is already on watch-tvseries.net. Sa-weet!)
Tell me what you guys did to be frugal this week. I’d love to hear it~
We’ve had a lot going on this week. Our niece stayed with us from Sunday to Wednesday, and then I have more friends coming to stay the weekend. Frugal hasn’t been the priority, but I did accomplish a few things:
1. Ate at home on Sunday after church. This is a huge money saver for us, as we can easily spend $40-$60 dollars (and sometimes more!) on one single family meal in a restaurant. Ugh!!
2. Mended a pair of dress pants for my husband so he could wear them again. Sewed a button on my son’s shirt so he could use it again, also.
3. Turned the AC off and let in the cool Fall weather for a few days.
What did you guys do to be frugal last week?
p.s. Sorry this is off by 2 days. We’ve been super duper busy around here!
I’d like to try and keep doing this post every Friday, as it keeps me accountable. Sometimes, I just want to chuck it all to the wind and blow every dime we have…so these posts help me regain control. If I’m going to have to tell you all if I did absolutely NOTHING frugal all week, that would be a sad, short post indeed. Therefore, purely for your reading enjoyment, I MUST continue to do frugal things. *grin*
1. Earned 10.00 using Swagbucks. My goal for the year is to earn 300.00 before December, so that I can have Christmas money for the kids. I’m at 256.72. I would have probably met my goal already, but a few times during the year I have purchased the occasional item on Amazon using my credit..therefore bringing my total down just a bit.
2. Used 475 Bing points to purchase 500 Swagbucks, then in turn used 475 Swagbucks to earn another 5.00 Amazon card. Haha..confusing, I know. But hey, it all makes sense in my head!!
3. Received a rebate for 5.18 from buying hamburger at Walmart. I had totally forgotten that I had even sent this rebate off, so this was a good surprise.
4. Turned the air off and opened the windows a few times when the weather was nice.
5. Stayed home two days in a row (except for running to the school in the morning). This saves gas, plus helps me NOT to spend money while out in town.
6. Eden got a cabbage plant in the Spring from her third grade teacher. I planted it in my little raised bed. We finally harvested it and I used half of it to make coleslaw one night.
7. Cashed in for a 5.00 Walmart E-gift card from Jingit. This is another one of those Apps for your Iphone that gives you little rebates for buying certain items.
What did YOU do to be frugal this week??
Blogging breaks seem to be the pattern that I have noticed for myself. It looks like I go through spurts of writing and then life catches up to me and I stop for a bit. Oh well. I guess I will never be one of those “mommy bloggers” who make gobs of money and has tons of followers. But, that’s okay. I’ll just keep plugging along and letting life take its course. After all…I’m only going to get this chance ONCE. I AM wanting to start writing a bit more now that school and schedules are the theme this month. Missing you guys!
I was just contacted by BloggingForBooks with the winner of the B.T.C Old-Fashioned Grocery Cookbook. *Drum Roll, Please* The winner is NAOMI B.!! Yay!!! They will be sending you an email regarding your winnings and how they can ship it to you. Congratulations, and enjoy!